Online Educator Training Program Application
Before submitting your application for the Kopa Birth® Online Educator Training Program, please read the information on this page carefully.
Kopa Birth® offers a Training Program, not a Certification Program
The Kopa Birth® Online Training Program is intended to train childbirth educators in the use of the Kopa Birth® curriculum. It is not a childbirth education certification program. After completion of the program, educators can use the title “Kopa Birth® Independent Affiliated Instructor.” There are no certified Kopa Birth® instructors, nor does Kopa Birth® offer additional credentials for certified educators.
Kopa Birth® Educator FAQ
Kopa Birth® Wants Passionate Educators Like You!
Kopa Birth® seeks to build a community of childbirth educators that represent the best of quality and professionalism. Your application should reflect how you are striving to develop the following characteristics in your practice:
- Professionalism – I understand and comply with my scope of practice as a childbirth educator. I strive to build a business that exceeds industry standards for childbirth education.
- Team Player – I value and uphold the role of other birth professionals, including doulas, nurses, midwives, and doctors.
My classroom teaching reflects positivity about the role of medical professionals in the birth process.
- Objective – I strive for the information I present to be evidence-based and factual. I avoid motivating by fear, and instead instill confidence in a couple’s own ability to make informed choices during pregnancy and birth.
- Open-Minded – I believe that the ideal birth can look different for every couple. I strive to empower couples with the confidence to advocate for whatever birth they desire, whether that be a medicated or unmedicated birth.
- Motivated to Learn – I am eager to continue to learn and improve my classroom teaching. I strive to include the most current, relevant research in my presentations.
Application Submission Requirements
There is not cost to apply. Your application to participate in the Kopa Birth® Online Educator Training Program must include the following submissions, as described in the application below:
After your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will receive a statement to submit the $499 payment for the Online Educator Training Program. Once the payment has been received, you will receive immediate access to begin the training program. Educators can begin teaching Kopa Birth® group and private classes immediately upon completion of the Online Training Program.