This post may contain affiliate links.
Free online natural birthing classes are a great option to help you prepare for birth. They can be used to help fill any gaps in your birth prep. Or, they can provide a sample of a particular class to help you decide if you want to invest in the full course. Occasionally, free online birthing classes may work to stand alone as a couple’s sole source of childbirth preparation.
Whether you want a natural childbirth or are planning to get an epidural, there are classes out there to suit every need. Of course, no two courses are exactly the same. So, utilize free course samplings like the ones listed below to find the best fit for you and your partner.
Want a comprehensive review of the most popular paid online childbirth classes? Read: 6 Best Childbirth Classes Online
#1: Kopa Birth® Free Online Natural Birthing Class (Natural Hospital Birth)
My name is Katie Griffin and I'm an online pregnancy & natural birth coach.
As a registered nurse, Lamaze educator, and mother of 6, I helped create the KOPA® PREPARED Essentials online childbirth course to prepare you with all the tools you and your partner need to have a natural birth in a hospital. I offer class #1 of the 8-class series for FREE so that you can learn the most important tool you’ll use in your natural birth. Relaxation.
The KOPA® PREPARED Essentials Course is a comprehensive online childbirth course. It focuses on preparing couples for natural birth in a hospital, free from unnecessary medical interventions. Viewing FREE Class #1 is a great way for you to sample the instruction before committing fully to the additional 7 classes of the paid online childbirth course.
The free, hour-long class is video-based, engaging, and available on-demand. I’m confident in your ability to have a positive birth experience! As a natural birth coach, I take your learning seriously and expect participation and practice. The KOPA® PREPARED online course offers a much-needed education for those who desire a positive, natural birth in a hospital. Join me in this FREE online natural birthing class today!
Who is the Kopa Birth® free online natural birthing class best for?
- You want to have a natural childbirth — this is the only free online childbirth class specifically intended for natural childbirth
- You are giving birth in a hospital
- Both mom and partner want to be prepared with tools to confidently manage labor pain and contractions
- You want to learn about deep relaxation in labor (relaxation is the focus of the free class)
- Moms who want thorough preparation for natural birth (the free class is 1 hour of the full, 12+ hour course) and want a free sample of what the full course will be like
#2: Baby Center
http://www.babycenter.com/childbirth-class. As you may know, Babycenter.com, offers useful advice on all things pregnancy and parenting. But did you know they also offer free online birthing classes? Linda Murray, BabyCenter Global Editor in Chief, hosts this series.
Linda briefly covers a wide variety of subjects, from contraction timing to cord blood banking. The organization of the website makes it simple and user-friendly. The course is split into 7 chapters with several short videos in each. Chapters 1-6 discuss the stages of labor, options for pain relief, making decisions about your newborn, and a pre-delivery checklist. The final class features clips of moms sharing their birth stories.
Who is the Baby Center free online birthing class best for?
- You’re looking for a basic overview of many labor and delivery topics
- You want to have a general understanding of what’s happening with your body and what you may experience in the hospital
- Planning an epidural to manage pain, or will use this class to supplement a more comprehensive natural childbirth course
Lamaze Free Online Course. Lamaze classes are a familiar, well-known choice among pregnant couples. Lamaze courses aim to empower parents with the knowledge needed to make informed decisions. In addition to local classes taught by Lamaze-trained childbirth educators, Lamaze.org provides a free online class — Labor Confidence. If you like the free preview class, you can consider enrolling on the paid classes in their e-learning series. However, prepare for a lot of reading. The class format includes written text with occasional video snippets.
Who is the Lamaze free online birthing class best for?
- You’re considering taking a local Lamaze class and want to learn more about the Lamaze approach to birth
- You want an overview of the Lamaze 6 Healthy Birth Practices — simple practices that research has shown can help you have a better birth
- You’re planning to enroll in the other paid Lamaze online childbirth classes in order to have a more comprehensive education, but you’d like to sample the instruction first
https://get.pampers.com/en-us/childbirth-education-series. The Pampers Childbirth Education Class is a 90-minute course divided into 9 classes, and is taught by a registered nurse. It provides a brief overview of a wide range of subjects, from body changes & discomforts to what to expect immediately after birth. It also offers a short section on feeding your baby, and includes the basics of how much milk your newborn needs, how to latch, and pump 7 storage of breast milk.
This class is set up and feels very much like a childbirth class you would take at your local hospital. Half of the instruction is on pregnancy and birth, the other half is on postpartum and baby care. It also includes real-life experiences from 5 parents to be.
Who is the Pampers free online birthing class best for?
- Moms who are planning an epidural or will use this as a supplement for additional courses or reading
- Couples who want a brief overview about a variety of labor and delivery topics
- You want a free class with a heavy focus on what to expect after baby is born
https://www.mother.ly/classes/welcome-birth. Motherly’s Becoming Mama Online Birth Class is led by Diana Spalding, a midwife and Motherly’s Digital Education Editor. The course is advertised in conjunction with Motherly’s new book, The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama.
The class offers just over 2 hours of instruction in 7 lessons. You’ll learn subjects such as how the birth process works, what happens when labor begins, and how to own your birth preferences. It offers a little bit of info for everybody – moms who plan an epidural, moms who are having a c-section, and moms who want to use natural pain relief.
Who is the Motherly free online birthing class best for?
- Moms who want to learn the basics of the birth process from a qualified source
- You’re planning an epidural but want a class that focuses on labor and birth, or you’re planning a natural birth and are using this to supplement a more comprehensive childbirth course.
- Great section on postpartum care and what to expect right after baby is born
Youtube.com. One popular destination for free online natural birthing classes is, of course, YouTube. Here you can view an endless supply of natural birthing advice from all around the world. Although plentiful, youtube videos typically lack the comprehensive overview that a more formal online course provides. Consider complementing YouTube searches with an outlined course. This will ensure that you’re prepped on every important subject.
Despite the shorter length, these 2 classes presented by midwife Holliday Tyson are our top recommendation for free birthing classes on YouTube. The information is medically accurate and useful. It’s a great way to begin your natural birth prep.
Who is a YouTube free online birthing class best for?
- Moms who want to view a class without any commitment of registering or submitting their email
- You want to pick and choose among subjects to learn, rather than follow a specific course outline
- Easy way to watch birth content created by a variety of social media outlets and online personalities
https://www.babymed.com/online-birthing-classes-prenatal-care. Created by Dr. Amos Gruenbaum, Baby Med offers lots of information about pregnancy and childbirth. This free online natural birthing class is entirely text-based. It requires some dedicated time to complete the reading, thus making the format is a bit difficult to digest. But the course covers a wide range of subjects, including pregnancy changes, labor facts, and pain relief options.
Who is the BabyMed free online birthing class best for?
- Reading is your preferred learning style, versus watching video
- You want an overview of a wide variety pregnancy and birth subjects
- The website is created by Dr. Amos Grunebaum, a medical doctor and Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology. You feel most trust in pregnancy advice that comes from a doctor.
This list is a great starting point in your search for free online natural birthing classes. The internet makes childbirth education accessible anytime and anywhere. There’s really no excuse not to prepare! So, jump in and get started today!
Kopa Birth’s online childbirth classes allow you to prepare for a natural childbirth from the comfort of your own home, 24/7. Enroll today in our free online childbirth class to learn more about preparing for a natural hospital birth.