If you’re planning a natural birth, chances are you’re beginning to gather all the information you can. This is a great move! In fact, information and education are the best ways to go into any situation feeling prepared. Let’s dive in to some natural birth resources.
Natural Birth Resources: The Ultimate Natural Birth Guide for Moms
The Natural Birth Guide connects parents with over 180 websites about mom blogging, newborn photography, prenatal massage, and every other resource they’ll need for a well-rounded pregnancy, birth, and postnatal experience.
Natural Birth Resources: Online Forums and Communities
One of the great things about the internet is the ability to connect with people. It can be invaluable to find other moms are experiencing the journey of pregnancy and birth. A search for natural birth resources will turn up a great many options, but here are some links to get you started:
- What to Expect is a well-known and trusted source for pregnancy and birth information. Additionally, their forums are a good way to connect with others who share your journey. You may enjoy visiting their natural birth forum.
- Another really great option is due date clubs. You can share experiences and information with a group made entirely of moms due in the same month as you. There are due date clubs on both Mothering.com and What to Expect.
- The Bump is a popular site for information on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, and babies. While the entire site isn’t dedicated to natural childbirth, you can see discussions with that theme here.
- Reddit is a website where people discuss a wide variety of topics, and there are subreddits for almost any interest. You can find subreddits about pregnancy, birth stories, midwives, homebirth, even specialized topics like plus size pregnancy and expecting fathers.
Natural Birth Resources: Websites
There are countless websites about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting, and a great many that are specifically natural birth resources. Here are several great ones you may enjoy:
- Kopa Birth Created by an RN, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, and Mom of 6, Kopa Birth® offers practical, medically-accurate tips for a healthy pregnancy, natural hospital birth, and baby care.
- Mothers Naturally The Midwives Alliance of North America developed this website to educate and empower women, therefore increasing the number of safe and positive natural births.
- Natural Childbirth Stories As the name suggests, this site is full of stories of natural births. Many pregnant women enjoy reading stories of how incredible women and their bodies are. As a result, they feel empowered themselves.
- Ask Dr. Sears William and Martha Sears are some of the most well-known and respected birth professionals in recent years. This website is therefore a good source of trusted information.
- Mother & Child Health While the site covers pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding, it is geared toward natural practices. This link will take you to the pregnancy and birth section of the website.
- The Birth Hour Here you’ll find another amazing collection of birth stories to inspire and empower.
- Mothering As mentioned above, this website is one of the most well-known online sources of information about natural family life. This link will take you to the pregnancy and birth section.
Natural Birth Resources: Articles
The internet is absolutely full of articles about natural childbirth. Just a few months ago, Kopa Birth® gathered 16 of what we believe to be the best, most helpful natural childbirth articles. Instead of listing them all again here, we invite you to take a look at that Kopa blog post here.
Natural Birth Resources: Books
Okay, so this section isn’t online, but no natural birth resource guide would be complete without a book list. Here are some of our favorites:
The Birth Partner
Author – Penny Simkin – This is book offers wide variety of practical, easy-to-implement tips for dads, partners, and other labor companions to support mom during a natural birth.
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn
Author – Penny Simkin Et al. – A handy guide of detailed information that will take you from conception through newborn care with detailed information, suggestions, and advice.
The Birth Book
Author – William Sears, M.D. and Martha Sears, R.N. – The Sears are considered by many to be America’s foremost baby and childcare experts.
Guide to Childbirth
Author – Ina May Gaskin – This natural childbirth book, written by a midwife, has been one of the most popular books in the world of natural birth for years. It contains amazing, encouraging birth stories and general childbirth education.
Pregnancy and Childbirth: Month to Month
Author – American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – While not specifically a natural resource, this book is a great one to have because it’s from the trusted ACOG, an association of physicians.
Kopa Birth’s online birthing classes allow you to prepare for a natural hospital birth from the comfort of your own home, 24/7. Enroll today in our free online childbirth class to start preparing for a natural childbirth.